Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Hard Lesson Learned

This blog is mainly to vent. I've been told from time to time by my mother and wife that I need to trust people more than I do. I remember my mom telling my wife, when we were dating, to be patient.....that I kept people at arm's length. That used to be true. I took it upon myself to not be so distrusting of people and I let my guard down. Boy was I wrong.

I allowed myself to be friends with people that I normally would have not given a glance to. I know that sounds snobby, but it's always been a protection mechanism for me. I have recently had my niceness, or really naievety, taken advantage of. The knife wound in my back is deep and fresh.

So what do I do? The people that take the time to read this are friends of mine. So, I would like some feedback. Do I continue to trust others, or go back to the attitude of "me, myself and I"? That obviously excludes family members. I know that certain people take my kindness for weakness, but that is about to change. It's just a little disheartening to know that when I give people a chance they screw me. I think I'm going back to my old ways, unless someone can convince me otherwise. I was always fine keeping my guard up. Ever since I've let my guard down, I've had headaches.

As a strongwilled conservative, which has nothing to do with what I'm griping about, I realize that I don't fit in well with most people out there......and that's fine with me. BUT, I will no longer be taken advantage of.

On a lighter note, Bama should handle Auburn.....I hope. I'm picking UF over Bama b/c I believe that until someone beats the Champion, they are the favorites. Should be a heckuva game. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and a MERRY CHRISTMAS. Sorry, that feels good considering so many pantywastes out there are afraid to say Merry Christmas for fear of offending someone. What losers they are.


Reece

1 comment:

  1. Coach - after reading those first couple of paragraphs, I thought you were talking about befriending Coach Saban.

    All you have to do is ask yourself the following question each and every time you have a decision to make:

    "How will this effect the 3 most important people in my life?"

    If you get a good feeling about the answer drawn from the situation you are in, then carry on. If a particular action is not in the best interest of your family, maybe you should think about it for a few more weeks.

    Auburn by....well let's just say that it's not going to be 36-0 this year.

    Happy Kwanza David!

    ReplyDelete