Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Before Life Happened....

Hello all....haven't written in a while b/c life has been busy, and I wanted to turn my mind off. All I really care about right now is football, football and.........football. I'm shaking like an alcoholic going thru detox waiting on the season to start!
This blog is a message of encouragement. I've been told that I'm one of the few people with the kuhonaes to say stuff.....and I will in this blog. I'm really hoping to help someone with my thoughts in this blog. CLARIFICATION: I' M NOT MAKING FUN OR JUDGING ANYONE WITH WHAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY!! Just think about it.

Where were you before life happened. For me, life happened at age 11. I am not going to rehash all the trials of my life, but LIFE happened for me at age 11. From that sad day forward, I grew up in a single parent home. There were many days in highschool that I woke up alone, got myself ready, and got to school on time. My mom did what she had to do, and that meant alot of time alone for me.....alot of time to find the seedier side of life. In highschool all I cared about was sports and a girlfriend. Once college hit, I was going thru the hardest time in my life and I decided to drink my problems away. How dumb was I?? The drinking only created more "problems." Now I'm 33 and the everyday trials of life still get to me. I deal with work, kids, work, kids.....kids, kids, kids......you get my point. My children are the greatest blessings I've ever had. They've taught me humility, compassion, and have taught me how to laugh at myself.

I'm in the middle of a transformation......have decided to take control of my life and stop wishing time away. That's where the encouragement comes in. A buddy from highschool recently told me that, after looking at my facebook pics, that I look more like a defensive end than a defensive back (which is what i played in highschool and college). I thought to me myself," that's funny......but he's gotta point." In the last few weeks I've taken over the reigns of my life. No longer will I be satisfied just going to work everyday. I've been dieting and going to the gym on a regular basis. That may seem like nothing, but I'm taking my life back over!!!! Life me down just like anyone else, but I've decided to do something about it! We only live once on this Earth, and I've dedicated myself to living everyday to the fullest!! My wife doesn't know this yet, but I am going on a tornado chasing vaction very soon. I'going to pursue my intersests and not let life pass me by I'm going to exploit every talent and interst I have!!

This is the encouragement part.......I'm notorious for thinking I'm the only one going thru crap. But I've learned, thanks to some good friends, that I'm not the only one! And you know what?? I'm going to live life to the fullest!! We all have our trials, but it's up to us to do something about it.

The next time life beats you down, CHOOSE to make your situation better!! Happiness is a choice!! Just remember, you're still young, and no matter what your responsibilities are.....communicate with your spouse, get out there and get a hobby......but most importantly, communicate with yourself. It will make you a better person, spouse, and better mother/father. Hope this helps.....we're all in this together.

David

1 comment:

  1. what an encouraging post today! thanks for being so transparent and putting yourself out there for the rest of us.

    i hate that i was off in college when you were in high school...we could have had to share a bathroom that much longer! :-)

    Love you!
    april

    ReplyDelete