Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Aint it funny?

I'm the world's worst nightowl and thankfully there is medicine for people like me. My biggest medicine is youtube. Anytime I get nostalgic, I can go to youtube and listen to music that means something to me. And really, all it has to mean is what I'm in the mood for.
I've been fortunate to know many people from all walks of life. I grew up in private school.....but had some of my best times in public school. I've got many facebook friends from back in the day that I wonder if they share the same memories I have. Although I've fried way too many braincells to remember all the details, certain songs take me back to a wonderful time....a time more innocent and fun.
I'm stuck in the 80's when it comes to music. However, I hear songs from the 90's that remind me of my days at Davidson and Mobile Christian. Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who gets nostalgic, but if I was, sites like facebook wouldn't exist. We've all moved on with our lives....but next time you hear a song that reminds you of the "good ole days", share it with the rest of us. You know you're guilty of it.......we all do it.

Everytime I hear the country song,"Aint if funny how the melody can bring back the memory....", I'm reminded of my wonderful past and current life. So here's to you Kelly Klop, Jason Black, Farrah Cordell, and so many other people that I have fond memories of. It's what makes memories special.

David

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the blogging, David! I really enjoy reading these posts!

    Love ya!
    april

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have an ability to use certain songs to anchor our memory to favorite past events, whether we intentionally do so or not. Every time I hear "Closing Time" at the end of Finebaum, I instantly think about the time I first met one of my college girlfriends. It was on the radio at a party. Funny how we can't associate unfortunate times with songs.

    Loving the deep topics Coach!

    ReplyDelete